Sunday, July 8, 2007

Motor Installed!

View from inside the cabin, through the rear window
View from under the car, driver's rear.

I took the opportunity to replace the transmission mounts with new mounts from Pelican Parts. I also installed new engine mounts (the rubber things on top of the engine bar) and engine bar bolts.

I did have a little trouble getting the engine bar aligned. What I finally figured out was to support the motor with a 2x4 so no weight is on the bar. With the motor supported, you can loosen the bolts mounting the plate to the motor, and adjust its position.

And, I used the Pelican Parts "lower the car onto the engine" technique again, just as I did for the original engine drop. Seems much safer to me than raising the whole powertrain up on a transmission jack.

No comments: