Sunday, September 16, 2007

Front Relays + Cables

This weekend, I was at a hotel in Denver supervising my youngest daughter, who was at an anime convention (Nan Desu Kan, for the curious). Although I was away from my car, I brought tools and materials to get a couple of things done.

First, I wired up the front relay board:


Second, I assembled the main car kit wiring harness. This involves measuring 2/0 cable:


Stripping the ends to prepare for the cable lugs:


Crimping the lug ends on and heatshrink-wrapping them (I used the hotel bathroom blow drier for this, first time I've ever found a use for them :-)


And then, properly positioning and wrapping the whole bundle - main positive and negative 2/0 cables, 8-in-1 wiring harness, and 10-gauge recharger wires:


On the lower left, you can see the side that goes into the engine compartment. This is taped up to the extreme to allow for easier pulling through the heater tube.

No comments: