Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Boxes Drilled

I found a spare hour today to drill the access / ventilation holes and mount the fans and aux battery tray:

The boxes originally had rivnuts inserted for the 1/4-20 bolts that held this hardware on. I reused the ones I could (the lower fan rivnuts were reasonably positioned to become the new upper locations) and then used T-nuts without the "teeth" for the rest of the bolts. This provides a fairly flush surface inside the box - not quite as nice as the rivnut, but easier to find at the local hardware store.

I'm told the charger is on its way. Also, I've got just about everything I need to wire up the Rudman mk2 regulators.

My goal is to have the car on the road after this weekend. We shall see...

No comments: