Well, almost alive. Very, very slow. See this movie:
I spent the day yesterday disassembling the clutch & flywheel. Nothing was obviously wrong - I tweaked the tightness of the hub adapter set screws - and the hideous sound the motor makes was there even without the flywheel mounted. So, I reassembled it all, making sure all the bolts were torqued according to specs, and got back to tweaking DMOC parameters
The following are what I have tweaked so far
EEXMaxAccelPower = 43000 (was ~73000)
EE2NoRegenBat 100 (was 300)
EE2NoAccelBat 127 (was 360)
EEXNoIgnSwitch = 1 (was 0)
I set EE2NoRegenBat down so low because the regen was coming on all the time (as evidenced by the brake lights coming on). EEXMaxAccelPower had no perceptible affect. And nothing happened until I set EEXNoIgnSwitch to 1 (tells the DMOC it does not need an external "ignition switch" signal) and EE2NoAccelBat to 127 (it thought my batteries were way too low to run).
I suspect there is much tuning ahead of me. As usual, Azure Dynamics has been very helpful. I sent off a complete dump of parameters along with 30 seconds of data capture; we'll see what recommendations they have for tuning.