I've been remiss in blogging, but have done some more work. If you recall, when I was last discussing the wiring harness, I mentioned that I had a smoker. Turns out that the green/black headlight motor wire had contacted the body, resulting in a direct (unfused!) 12V connection which, left a few minutes, started a minor fire. I stripped the wire in question from the harness (inspecting the remaining wires to make sure they were not damaged). Here is what I found:Further evidence that smoking (wires) can be hazardous to your health:
In related news, I briefly had my turn signals working. However, after plugging in my gauges, the turn signal fuse started blowing when I turned the key. After debugging through it, and with the use of my handy-dandy multimeter, I was able to isolate it to this wire to the tach (which I thought had been attached here - obviously incorrect):
Unplugging this wire removed the turn signal fuse short. The reason it shorted is that the turn signal light is grounded to the tach, and the wire in my hand is 12V hot-when-ignition-is-on. And therefore 12V went directly through the turn signals, causing the fuse to pop.